$2.25 Million Available in Grants to DeSoto Residents and Business Owners Affected by COVID-19.
- Written by City of DeSoto City of DeSoto
- Published: 26 August 2020 26 August 2020
DeSoto, TX - On behalf of the City of DeSoto, we are excited to announce two new grant programs to support residents and businesses affected by COVID-19. The pre-application period is open August 24, 2020 through September 14, 2020.
The DeSoto Residential Assistance Program will provide financial assistance with rent/mortgage, utility bills, and/or childcare costs to qualifying residents.
The DeSoto Business Assistance program will provide financial assistance with lease/mortgage and utilities to qualifying businesses. Home-based businesses are encouraged to apply.Note that due to federal funding restraints, utility bills paid to the City of DeSoto are ineligible for these programs.
Residential Grant Eligibility:
• Primary applicant must be U.S. Citizen or legal resident
• Qualifying maximum household income (see table below)
• Experienced a negative financial impact due to COVID-19
Family Size/Maximum Income
Business Grant Eligibility:
• Registered business located in the City of DeSoto
• 100 or fewer employees
• Annual revenue of less than $10 million
• Must have been operational on or before February 15, 2020
• Demonstrate either 25% reduction in sales/revenue or mandatory 2-week closure due to COVID-19
To pre-apply and see if you qualify for a grant, fill out a quick survey at NDC’s website: https://ndconline.org/ntxsmallbiz/city-of-desoto/Register here for Residential webinar (Aug. 27th at 6p): https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/5052330006074996239?source=DSR Register here for Business webinar (Aug. 31st at 6p): https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/6333181887596695055?source=DS