DESOTO MOBILE FOOD TRUCK PERMIT PROCESS
- Written by City of DeSoto City of DeSoto
- Published: 18 June 2021 18 June 2021
DeSoto, TX - The City of DeSoto has a total of 18 permitted food truck vendors specializing in a variety of food options. However, due to the increasing number of mobile food vendors, all food trucks/trailers operating in the City of DeSoto must follow the Mobile Food Permit Guidelines.
The guidelines can be obtained from the Action Center or viewed on the City’s Health Department webpage: https://desototexas.gov/1290/Food-EstablishmentRequirements.
Once the food truck satisfies the requirements of the guidelines, the food truck operator can apply for a food permit at the Action Center. A completed Food Permit application will include the following:
- The operator is required to provide evidence of their Food Manager Certification Evidence of central preparation facility authorization or recent health inspection report for the central preparation facility if located outside of DeSoto Valid driver license.
- Mobile vehicle insurance.
- A signed letter of authorization to verify the parking and serving area.
- A picture of the food truck.
After all documentation is submitted, and the application is filled out and appropriate fees are paid, a food truck inspection will be scheduled to determine if a fire inspection is required. Once all conditions are met, the City of DeSoto Health Department will issue a permit sticker.
The sticker should be easily visible in case Code Enforcement/Health Department or anyone from the public requests to see the permit. Failure to display the food permit sticker will result in the issuance of a citation or possible food permit revocation. For additional questions please call the DeSoto Health Department at (972) 230-9600.