The Duncanville Police Department will be holding an entry level civil service exam on August 29, 2020
- Written by Chris Freis Chris Freis
- Created: 08 June 2020 08 June 2020
Duncanville, TX - The Duncanville Police Department will be holding an entry level civil service exam on August 29, 2020
++Interested applicants must fill out an interest card online prior to++__++ August 21, 2020 at 3:00 p.m.++ You can fill out an interest card at http://www.duncanville.com/departments/police/recruitment/
Once you have filled out an interest card, you will be contacted by a member of the Duncanville Police Department and provided with additional information.
Starting salary for an officer with no previous experience is $58,615.00
Starting salary for Licensed TCOLE officers will depend on years of service and size of previous agency. The salary range for licensed officers is $58,615.00-$74,993.00
New officer signing bonus: New officers with no experience will receive $2,500.00 bonus upon completion of field training. New officers who hold a current TCOLE Peace Officer Certification will receive a $3,500.00 bonus upon completion of field training.
Application Deadline: Aug 21, 2020
Entry Level: $$58,615.00 annual
Top Pay: $$74,993.00 annual
Paid vacation – 1-3 years earn 6.66 hours a month
Paid vacation – 4-8 years earn 10 hours a month
Paid vacation – 9 plus years earn 13.32 hours a month
Paid sick time- earn 10 hours of sick leave a month
Paid Birthday Holiday
TMRS pension plan
Uniforms and equipment provided
- Age: 20 1/2-44
- Education: High School Diploma or GED and 30 college credit hours
- Experience: None
- Must be a minimum of 20 1/2 years of age and shall not have reached their 45th birthday.
- Must possess a high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate.
- Must have completed 30 college classroom hours with a minimum passing grade of C or have at least two years of active military service with an honorable discharge or hold a currently active TCOLE Peace Officer license.
- Must possess a valid Texas driver’s license and have a good driving record.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony at any time or a Class B misdemeanor or above in the last 10 years.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must have an honorable discharge from the Armed Forces, if applicable.
- Must have vision correctable to 20/20.
Physical Performance Test Requirements
- As part of the selection standards for appointment to the Duncanville Police Department, you will be required to pass a Physical Performance Test, provided you have met all prior requirements
City of Duncanville (TX)
PO BOX 380280
DUNCANVILLE, Texas 75138-0280