Duncanville cancels football game vs. Bishop Sycamore as questions mount about Ohio team
- Written by Mark Norris - Fox 4 News Mark Norris - Fox 4 News
- Created: 01 September 2021 01 September 2021
DUNCANVILLE, Texas - Duncanville has canceled its game with an Ohio team facing accusations of being an illegitimate program and lying to get on national television.
Mater Dei Routs Duncanville 45-3
- Written by Tony Thomas Tony Thomas
- Created: 28 August 2021 28 August 2021
Duncanville, TX - Mater Dei, the national No. 1 high school team in the country, invaded the borders of Texas and behaved liked unwanted guests, roaring to a 45-3 win over the host Duncanville (TX) Panthers on Friday in the season opener for both teams.
Duncanville ISD Welcomes Students Back to Class
- Written by Alanna Quillen - NBC 5 dfw Alanna Quillen - NBC 5 dfw
- Created: 02 August 2021 02 August 2021
Duncanville, TX - Monday is a big day for Duncanville ISD. The district is bringing all students back to class fully in-person, with no virtual options this year. “We’ve embraced our theme for this year which is Unstoppable Mindset, Unstoppable Excellence," said Superintendent Dr. Marc Smith.
'This is such a pivotal time': Duncanville ISD prepares new teachers for upcoming school year
- Written by Demond Fernandez - WFAA Demond Fernandez - WFAA
- Created: 15 July 2021 15 July 2021
Duncanville, TX - The staff at Duncanville Independent School District is preparing for a busy week. The school district is gathering its newest teachers for orientation and training.
Some Duncanville ISD students also graduate with college degree thanks to district's Collegiate Academy
- Written by Natalie Solis - Fox 4 News Natalie Solis - Fox 4 News
- Created: 26 June 2021 26 June 2021
DUNCANVILLE, Texas - While some districts are struggling to boost pandemic graduation rates, some Duncanville ISD seniors are exceeding expectations by graduating with a high school diploma and a college degree.
Message from the Duncanville Superintendent: District to Host COVID Vaccination Clinic for Students 12 and Older
- Written by Dr. Marc Smith Dr. Marc Smith
- Created: 02 June 2021 02 June 2021
Duncanville, TX - With the recent announcement that students ages 12 and older can receive the COVID-19 vaccine, Duncanville ISD has been actively seeking partnerships to make the vaccine available to our students.
Duncanville announces suspensions for girls basketball coach, four players after fight with DeSoto
- Written by Greg Riddle Greg Riddle
- Created: 27 January 2021 27 January 2021
Duncanville, TX - Duncanville girls basketball coach LaJeanna Howard and four players have been suspended for varying lengths of time because of a fight that occurred in Saturday’s loss to DeSoto, Duncanville ISD announced Tuesday.
Duncanville ISD launches 'WiFi on Wheels' program to help students gain internet access
- Written by Jozelyn Escobedo Jozelyn Escobedo
- Created: 12 January 2021 12 January 2021
Duncanville, TX - Duncanville ISD has launched a new initiative to bring internet access to students who may not have reliable or any service at all. "WiFi on Wheels" is a program where school buses equipped with internet transmitters will park in four locations throughout the district.
Duncanville Trustee Phillips: Aiming to Serve and Provide a Voice
- Written by Duncanville ISD Duncanville ISD
- Created: 11 January 2021 11 January 2021
Duncanville, TX - Service is an attribute Cassandra Phillips grew up seeing from her mother and it’s a quality she has instilled in her children. “My mom was always volunteering in the schools, substitute teaching and just always in the community helping others,” said Ms. Phillips. “It is just in my blood.
Five takeaways from Duncanville's big TXHSFB win vs. Cedar Hill
- Written by GABE BROOKS GABE BROOKS
- Created: 14 November 2020 14 November 2020
Duncanville, TX - In a highly anticipated matchup of Texas high school football Class 6A powers, Duncanville topped Cedar Hill 21-14 in a physical, tightly played game from start to finish. Here is a rundown of post-game reactions based on what we saw in Friday's game.