Message from the Duncanville Superintendent: District to Host COVID Vaccination Clinic for Students 12 and Older
- Written by Dr. Marc Smith Dr. Marc Smith
- Created: 02 June 2021 02 June 2021
Duncanville, TX - With the recent announcement that students ages 12 and older can receive the COVID-19 vaccine, Duncanville ISD has been actively seeking partnerships to make the vaccine available to our students.
I’m pleased to announce that Methodist Health System is offering an opportunity for STUDENTS AGE 12 AND OLDER to receive the COVID-19 vaccination. Students who are interested will be able to receive the vaccine at the Duncanville High School West Gym on Friday, June 4, starting at 8:00 a.m. Afternoon appointments will be made available if all morning appointments are scheduled.
There are a limited number of vaccines available, and they are being offered on a first-come, first-served basis to students only. The vaccine will be administered by Methodist hospital professionals at no cost to you. Students interested in receiving the vaccine should take the following steps:
- Register with parent permission and schedule an appointment window using this link. No walk-up appointments allowed.
- Once registered, an email will be sent with a map to the Duncanville High School West Gym and a Methodist Health System form that needs to be printed and filled out.
- Bring the completed form with you to your scheduled appointment window.
- Students who are not yet 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult who is 18 years of age or older.
- After receiving your vaccination, be prepared towait the required 15 minutesto monitor for any possible reactions. You’ll be provided a “COVID-19 Vaccination Waiting Period” card.
- The “COVID-19 Vaccination Waiting Period” card will serve as your pass to return to school.
Transportation will be provided to all eligible students at the intermediate and middle school campuses as a convenience to parents/guardians. Buses will leave the campuses at the top of every hour and arrive at DHS at approximately 15 minutes after the hour.
As stated above, students who are not yet 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult who is 18 years or older. Any adult who is accompanying a student at the vaccination appointment is able to meet the student at Duncanville High School. Parents will not be required to wait 15 minutes after the vaccine is administered.
To be effective, this vaccine requires a second dose three weeks after the initial vaccination. Representatives from Methodist Health System will return on June 25 to administer the second vaccination. No appointments will be necessary for the second dose.
Thank you for everything you have done to keep yourself and others safe this year. #WeAreDville
Dr. Marc Smith
Superintendent of Schools