This week's National Preparedness Month tip is to build a kit.
- Written by City of Midlothian City of Midlothian
- Created: 07 September 2021 07 September 2021
Gather supplies that will last for several days after a disaster for everyone living in your home. Don’t forget to consider the unique needs each person or pet may have in case you have to evacuate quickly.
Be sure to include:
- Enough food and water to last several days
- Medications, face masks and disinfectant for everyone in your household
- Pet supplies
- Medications for at least three days
- Include your child's favorite stuffed animals, board games, books or music in their emergency kit to comfort them in a disaster.
Note: Check the expiration date on your emergency supplies and replace any old items.
When building a kit, people with disabilities should consider the items they use daily, as well as life-sustaining items.
For a full list visit www.ready.gov/disability
Create or update your emergency supplies with this list found at www.ready.gov/kit.