Terrence Maiden’s RedBird Revival
- Written by Caroline Collier Caroline Collier
- Created: 08 June 2021 08 June 2021
Dallas, TX - Terrence Maiden ’00 pointed to a new stoplight on Dallas’ Camp Wisdom Road as it turned green. Behind him, nice cars stopped at the drive-thru window of a new Starbucks. In the distance, legions of cranes were helping transform what was once Red Bird Mall into an imaginative multiuse center and a more level playing field for southern Dallas.
Cheers in Dallas for Red Bird Development Ground Breaking
- Written by Ken Kalthoff Ken Kalthoff
- Created: 27 March 2019 27 March 2019
Oak Cliff - Dallas city and community leaders cheered Tuesday for the long awaited ground breaking of the Red Bird Development. Its a mixed use project at the site of the former Southwest Center Mall,
Dallas City Council OKs Sending Millions to Red Bird Mall Redevelopment
- Written by Matt Goodman Matt Goodman
- Created: 13 June 2018 13 June 2018
Oak Cliff - The Dallas City Council on Wednesday unanimously rallied around sending $22 million to Red Bird Mall, a mix of dollars from past bond elections and a hefty loan that will pay for infrastructure improvements and construction.
Selena lives on: How this Oak Cliff burger joint became a shrine to the Tejano star
- Written by Cassandra Jaramillo Cassandra Jaramillo
- Created: 20 March 2018 20 March 2018
Oak Cliff - From the outside, Country Burger in Oak Cliff looks like your typical neighborhood burger joint. But within the walls of this unassuming restaurant is a virtual shrine to Selena Quintanilla-Perez.
Southern Dallas mourns the loss of a local business icon
- Written by Demond Fernandez Demond Fernandez
- Created: 17 January 2018 17 January 2018
Oak Cliff - The South Dallas community is mourning the loss of a local business icon. Jasper Baccus, who founded Baccus Cleaners, died this week. His friends, family, and clients said Baccus brought jobs and services to the southern Dallas area for decades.
Oak Cliff's Sarcastic New Coffee Shop Is a Hilarious Place to Grab a Latte and Some Internets
- Written by Beth Rankin Beth Rankin
- Created: 01 November 2017 01 November 2017
Oak Cliff - On a chilly Halloween morning, I approached the new Internet Cafe 2 in Oak Cliff to find the spookiest pumpkin ever sitting on the front steps. Decorated
'Shark Tank' could be a new model for southern Dallas investing - November 2
- Created: 31 October 2017 31 October 2017
Dallas, TX - Not often do high-profile investors gather specifically to look at promising redevelopment projects in southern Dallas. So we hope that an event this week might be the start of something new.