TSTC First in Texas to Join Tesla START Program
- Written by Daniel Perry Daniel Perry
- Created: 23 January 2020 23 January 2020
WACO, Texas - Starting in March, Texas State Technical College will become the first college in Texas to host the Tesla START training program. Tesla START is an accelerated 12-week training program designed to equip students with the skills necessary to become electric vehicle technicians.
Medical City opens first emergency department in Red Oak
- Written by Daily Light staff Daily Light staff
- Created: 08 January 2020 08 January 2020
Red Oak, TX - Medical City ER Red Oak, a department of Medical City Arlington, opened at 317 E. Ovilla Road, Red Oak, on Tuesday. Medical City ER Red Oak is a full-service emergency room staffed with board-certified emergency physicians and open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
First flood, then fire: Tutor’s classroom set to reopen after 2 major calamities — with help
- Written by Bill Spinks Bill Spinks
- Created: 31 December 2019 31 December 2019
Red Oak, TX - Diana Phillips has been through not one, but two disasters that have affected her efforts to tutor local students. First, a heavy downpour in September 2018 collapsed the roof of Teachers Who Tutor in Ovilla,
Red Oak ISD, Businesses Celebrate Early Christmas with Foster Families
- Written by Focus News Staff Focus News Staff
- Created: 22 December 2019 22 December 2019
Red Oak, TX - Red Oak area businesses partnered with Red Oak Independent School District’s Community and Family Services to bring extra joy to dozens of district students currently in foster care and the families providing that care.
City of Red Oak Hiring
- Written by Garland Wolf Garland Wolf
- Created: 17 December 2019 17 December 2019
Red Oak, TX - All City of Red Oak job openings are posted at http://www.redoaktx.org/908/Employment and applications can be submitted electronically through this employment portal. The City of Red Oak Public Library provides computer and internet access to applicants that are unable to apply electronically.
Private jet maker Bombardier launches apprenticeship program in Red Oak
- Written by Wire Services Wire Services
- Created: 09 December 2019 09 December 2019
Red Oak, TX - Jet maker Bombardier is establishing an aviation apprenticeship training program at Texas State Technical College in Red Oak to develop a talent pipeline for its wing manufacturing facility.
KFC restaurant opens in Red Oak
- Written by Daily Light report Daily Light report
- Created: 08 December 2019 08 December 2019
Red Oak, TX - KBP Foods, one of the largest YUM! Brands franchises in the country, has opened a new Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant in Red Oak.
TSTC Student Ready for His Future Upon Graduation
- Written by Daniel Perry Daniel Perry
- Created: 25 November 2019 25 November 2019
Waxahachie, TX - Working with large diesel equipment is in Cesar Vazquez's blood. "I like the noise," he said. "I have always been in the diesel world. It pays well. There is a shortage of mechanics, so there is job security."
Red Oak police hosts 3-day active shooter Rescue Task Force training for 120 first responders
- Written by Patrick Clarke Patrick Clarke
- Created: 24 November 2019 24 November 2019
Red Oak, TX - The Red Oak Police Department, along with other local police, fire and EMS units, wrapped up three days of intense active shooter training in Red Oak, Wednesday.
Red Oak rapist who gave teen alcohol and a Plan B pill gets 80 years
- Written by Simone Carter Simone Carter
- Created: 23 November 2019 23 November 2019
Red Oak, TX - A Red Oak man was sentenced to 80 years in prison for raping a teenage girl repeatedly after getting her drunk. Eric Shane Harris, 36, was convicted Thursday in an Ellis County courtroom on four counts of sexual assault of a child, according to the district attorney’s office.