Red Oak Aggravated Robbery Arrest
- Written by Red Oak Police Department Red Oak Police Department
- Created: 09 February 2019 09 February 2019
Red Oak, TX - On 2/9/2019 at 5:12 hours, Red Oak Police Department personnel were dispatched to the 200 block of Pinewood Avenue (Coyote Ridge Subdivision) in regards to an aggravated robbery that just occurred.
The on duty dispatcher advised officers that the reporting person had advised them that he had just gotten into his vehicle that was parked on the roadway in front of his residence to go to work. The reporting person stated that a black SUV pulled in front of his vehicle and two male subjects exited the black SUV, which the reporting person believed to possibly be a Nissan Armada.
Two male subjects advanced on his vehicle with each of them pointing a handgun at the reporting person. The reporting person advised that he threw his vehicle into reverse and quickly backed away from the suspects and contacted the Northern Ellis Emergency Dispatch Center by 9-1-1 to report the offense.
The suspects jumped backed into the suspect vehicle and fled the scene towards Ovilla Road.
At approximately 5:18 hours, Red Oak Police personnel located the alleged suspect vehicle at the Racetrac located at 100 Ovilla Road and conducted a felony stop on the vehicle and subsequently detained three black male subjects without incident in a Black Nissan Armada that matched the description of the possible suspect vehicle.
A records check on the Black 2008 Nissan Armada revealed that the vehicle was listed as a stolen vehicle out of the City of Fort Worth. A subsequent search of the vehicle recovered two firearms with one of the two firearms being listed as a stolen firearm out of the City of Malverne, Arkansas.
Each suspect was taken into custody for their alleged involvement in the offense. Each subject was subsequently transported to the Red Oak Police Department and the two adult male subjects were confined in the Red Oak City Jail for their alleged involvement in the offense while the juvenile male subject was subsequently transported to the Ellis County Juvenile Detention Center for his alleged involvement in the offense. Each suspect has been identified below with their applicable charges and photos if permitted.
- 1. Suspect #1 has been identified as Williams, Ahmad Rashad B/M 17 YOA of Duncanville, Texas and has been charged with his alleged involvement in the following offenses: A. Aggravated Robbery-(Awaiting Arraignment) B. Theft of a Firearm-(Awaiting Arraignment) C. Unauthorized use of a Vehicle-(Awaiting Arraignment) D. Engaging in Organized Criminal Activity-(Awaiting Arraignment)
- 2. Suspect #2 has been identified as Cason, Kobi Michael B/M 17 YOA of Dallas, Texas and has been charged with his alleged involvement in the following offenses: A. Aggravated Robbery-(Awaiting Arraignment) B. Theft of a Firearm-(Awaiting Arraignment) C. Engaging in Organized Criminal Activity-(Awaiting Arraignment)
- 3. Suspect # 3 is a male juvenile and will not be identified pursuant to state law but has been referred to juvenile for his alleged involvement in the following offenses: A. Aggravated Robbery B. Theft of a Firearm C. Engaging in Organized Criminal Activity
Media Point of Contact: Lt. Marc Schroeder Main Phone Line: 469-218-7708
Date: 2/9/2019 Issued by: The Red Oak Police Department Authorized by: Chief Garland Wolf