College student electrocuted to death while roof jumping in Waxahachie
- Written by FOX4News.com Staff FOX4News.com Staff
- Created: 07 May 2019 07 May 2019
Waxahachie TX - A college student died on Sunday night in Waxahachie after he hit a powerline while roof jumping in the city’s downtown. Police said they responded to an electrocution call about 11:20 p.m. Sunday
in the 100 block of N. Rogers Street. Jedidiah Brookbank, 20, was found on the rooftop of a business in downtown.
“Preliminary investigation suggests that the victim was jumping roof tops for fun and inadvertently came into contact with high voltage wires and was killed,” police said in a statement.
Brookbank’s father identified him as the victim in a Facebook post.
“It was a great way to go for a young man, albeit a little foolish,” said dad Brian Brookbank in the Facebook post. “Though shattered, we are well, looking with joy and expectancy to joining Jed in the presence of the Lord.”
Source: Fox 4